Among solid oral dosage forms, capsules are a common and very popular dosage form, with more than 200 billion capsules used annually. Among them, the market share of vegetable capsules reaches 20%, and maintains an annual growth rate of 14%.
HPMC stands for hydroxypropyl methylcellulose or hypromellose for short. HMPC is the material from which most supplement capsules are made. It is a clear, tasteless, vegetarian, and vegan-appropriate material.
Of course, there are plenty of other materials that supplement capsules can be made from. HPMC is by far the most common, but bovine gelatine capsules are still used occasionally, or there are more exotic options, such as pullulan, which is made from a tapioca extract.
Advantages of HPMC vegetable capsules
- Using plant-based raw material hypromellose (referred to as: HPMC), non-animal raw material source, no need to worry about moving Disease problems such as Mad Cow Syndrome (BSE), Infectious Diseases (TSE), Foot-and-Mouth Disease (Foot and Mouth Disease ) that may be caused by physical raw materials.
- Does not contain animal protein and fat, it is not easy to breed microorganisms, and the quality is safe and stable.
- No interaction with the contents, high chemical stability, no cross-linking reaction.
- The water content of Bio V is low, less than 7%, which is very suitable for health food or traditional Chinese medicine products with strong hygroscopicity.
- It dissolves quickly in gastric acid, is easily absorbed by the human body, and is easy to exert the effect of medicine and health food.
- Can mask the bitter taste of medicine or contents, making it easy for consumers to swallow.
- It is easy to store and will not be broken or deformed under high temperature and low humidity environment.